Sunday, September 11, 2011

In Black and White

The challenge this week at Lasting Memories is to use only the colors black and white on your layout, including the picture. We'd love to have you play along. You have until Saturday September 17th 9:00PM EST.

I love using old pictures, seeing how the styles changed.  This is of my aunt's wedding in 1952.

Items used:  cardstock from Target
Glimmer mist in marshmallow
Mini round gems from recollections
title from the Tie the Knot cricut cartridge
black flowers and white gems from imaginisce
white flowers from the dollar store - lei



9 comments:

  1. Butterflies, Butterflies...everywhere!!! I LOVE Butterflies. What a perfect background for a vintage photo. Caryn LM-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Caryn! I LOVE butterflies and they really go well with the lo! And you're right, I love seeing how the times change! xoxo Charity LMDT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh... you sprayed or misted those background butterflies?? I really like this!! Have never tried. Your layout is very pretty! And yes.. how times have changed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome, thanks for sharing!
    Hey, Pixie Dust Paperie is having a giveaway, please come join in the fun!
    http://www.pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning, Vicki. How did you do those background butterflies? I love that look and your LO ties together so nicely. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout!! I love all the butterflies -- How wonderful that you had the perfect photo to use for the challenge!! :)

    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
    Lasting Memories DTM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that picture! And the two tones of butterflies is so pretty! It makes them come to life. Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful! I love the photo, and all the elements of this page all work together to show it off!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH I love your vintage photo. This is a beautiful layout. Those butterflies are also gorgeous.
    Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories
    Hugs
    Brenda
    I would be honored if you came to see my blog here

    ReplyDelete